Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Maui Fun


My husband and I just returned from our annual trip to Maui.   Our friends Bob and Shelly came along, and for the first time in years there were no kids with us.   We had a great time and enjoyed many wonderful meals.   The highlight as always was lunch the first day and dinner another night at Mama's Fish House.    This is definitely our favorite place.   We shared the most delicious crab cakes with fire and ice relish and Shelly and I split the  mahi mahi that was stuffed with crab and lobster.   For desert I had the banana macadamia nut crumble.   I ended up taking over half of it back to the condo.   We drove the road to Hana for the first time.    The waterfalls and the variety of plants was amazing.   We also took a cruise on the America's Cup boat.    This scared the daylights out of me, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it.   Something about the boat tipping sideways just really got to me.    It was sad to have to come home, but there's always next year!    Flying home on 9/11 was nerve racking.   I have never seen so many police and security at Kahului and at Los Angeles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment